Marriage may begin with a wedding day, but it needs commitment and nurturing in order to last a lifetime. Here is some marriage wisdom that may help you keep those wedding day vows.
- Marry someone that you enjoy listening and talking to because a lifetime is a long time to spend with another.
- Compliment more than you criticise.
- Kiss and hug often.
- The word sorry can go a long way.
- Always make time for just the two of you, regardless of what other commitments you have.
- Communicate with each other, honestly, respectfully and fairly.
- Consider whether it is more important to be right or to be married? Sometimes you can just agree to disagree.
- Don’t under estimate the value of a good laugh together.
- Before starting an argument, consider if it’s really worth it.
- Remember that it is ok to do things differently.
- Never compare your marriage to others or each other to another.
- Don’t go to bed angry at each other.
- Keeping secrets is a recipe for disaster.
Remember you have chosen the one you love, now it is your job to love the one you have chosen. Marriage is about sharing a life of experiences together and enriching one another. Love and support them through the good and the bad times for marriage is about being connected to another in a bond like no other.